Pastor Ed Boston recently interviewed actor Kevin Sorbo. That interview will be published on Monday, November 23rd. Here is a very short “God Moment” Kevin shared.
The Ed Boston Podcast is proud to help promote the upcoming movie, FAITH, HOPE & LOVE. On the podcast, we will be sharing an interview with Natasha Bure, one of the stars of the movie.
Here is the link to the podcast interview: https://anchor.fm/ed-boston-podcast-network/episodes/Natasha-Bure-Introduces-Us-to-the-Movie-Faith–Hope–And-Love-e3fh9f
FAITH, HOPE, & LOVE is a heartwarming romantic comedy about two vulnerable, lost souls who have each suffered deep losses and have their guards up, as a result. When they enter a dance contest, their lives connect, and they begin to discover new perspectives on life, love, and faith.
M Emmet Walsh
Jesus: His Life is an epic new drama-doc series revealing the enigmatic figure of Jesus as never before seen: through the eyes of the people closest to Him. Family, friends, followers, and those whose lives cross with his in dramatic ways, create a 360 portrait of Jesus – the man and the Messiah – from eight different and intimate perspectives: Joseph, John the Baptist, Mary, Caiaphas, Mary Magdalene, Peter, Pontius Pilate and Judas Iscariot.
HISTORY® TO PREMIERE EIGHT-PART EVENT
“JESUS: HIS LIFE” ON MONDAY, MARCH 25
Epic Retelling of the Life of Jesus Christ
Airs Over Four Weeks Leading Up to Easter
New York, NY – January 18, 2019 – HISTORY’s eight-part event “Jesus: His Life” explores the story of Jesus Christ through a unique lens: the people in his life who were closest to him. Each of the eight chapters is told from the perspective of different biblical figures, all of whom played a pivotal role in Jesus’ life including Joseph, John the Baptist, Mary Mother of Jesus, Caiaphas, Judas Iscariot, Pontius Pilate, Mary Magdalene and Peter.
Each figure takes a turn guiding viewers through the emotional and epic story of the most famous man in history, through his birth, death and resurrection, all conveyed through a combination of scripted drama and interviews with prominent religious and historical experts. Utilizing some of the world’s most respected Biblical scholars, historians, faith leaders and theologians, the series weaves together the canonical Gospels, historical sources and cultural context to create a complete portrait of Jesus – the man and the Messiah. The series reveals his journey through a complex world of kings, politicians, reformers and soldiers in a turbulent power struggle during a time of revolutionary change. “Jesus: His Life” brings viewers into this dramatic world to reveal the greatest story ever told. The series premieres two episodes back-to-back weekly beginning on Monday, March 25 at 8pm ET/PT, with the finale airing just before Easter. A+E Networks holds exclusive worldwide distribution rights for the series which is produced by Nutopia.
“‘Jesus: His Life’ brings together some of the world’s top scholars, historians and faith leaders from diverse ideological and theological perspectives to tell the story of Jesus in a new way,” said Mary Donahue, SVP, Programming and Development for HISTORY. “Viewers will see and experience the life of Jesus as never before, through this powerful and thought-provoking portrait of a man who is one of the most influential people in human history.”
The series interviews and consulted with a diverse group of scholars, faith leaders and theologians from across the ideological spectrum to provide a rounded picture of the life and times in which Jesus lived, including:
- Robert Cargill – Assistant Professor of Judaism, Christianity and Classics, University of Iowa
- Christena Cleveland – Associate Professor, Duke University Divinity School
- Bishop Michael Curry – Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church
- Nicola Denzey Lewis – Professor in the Department of Religion, Claremont Graduate University
- Joshua DuBois – Author and CEO, Values Partnerships and Head of White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships under President Obama
- Rabbi Joshua Garroway – Associate Professor of Early Christianity and the Second Commonwealth, Hebrew Union College
- Mark Goodacre – Professor in the Department of Religious Studies, Duke University
- Nyasha Junior – Associate Professor of Hebrew Bible, Temple University
- Mark Leuchter – Professor and Director of Jewish Studies, Temple University
- Kimberly Majeski – Associate Professor of Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries, Anderson University
- Father James Martin, S.J – Jesuit Priest and Author
- Ryan McAnnally-Linz – Associate Research Scholar, Yale Center for Faith and Culture
- Scot McKnight – Professor of New Testament, Northern Seminary
- Father Jonathan Morris – Catholic Priest
- Candida Moss – Professor of Theology, University of Birmingham (UK)
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III – Senior Pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ
- Joel Osteen – Senior Pastor of Lakewood Church, New York Times Bestselling Author, and Executive Producer
- Michael Peppard – Associate Professor in New Testament, Early Christian Studies, Religion and Public Life, Fordham University
- Reverend Gabriel Salguero – Pastor and President of the National Latino Evangelical Coalition
- Stephen Schneck – Associate Professor of Politics, Catholic University of America
Simon Sebag Montefiore – Historian and Author
- Reverend Shively Smith – Assistant Professor of New Testament, Boston University School of Theology
- Pastor Susan Sparks – Preacher, Comedian and Author
- Miroslav Volf – Founder/Director, Yale Center for Faith and Culture and Professor of Theology, Yale University Divinity School
- Ben Witherington III – Professor of New Testament for Doctoral Studies, Asbury Theological Seminary
- Annette Yoshiko Reed – Associate Professor of Religious Studies, New York University
“Jesus: His Life” is produced for HISTORY by Nutopia with Jane Root and Ben Goold serving as executive producers. Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and Evan Lerner serve as executive producers for HISTORY. Joel Osteen also serves as Executive Producer. A+E Networks holds exclusive worldwide distribution rights for “Jesus: His Life.”
About HISTORY® HISTORY, a division of A+E Networks, is the premier destination for historical storytelling. From best-in-class documentary events, to a signature slate of industry leading nonfiction series and premium fact-based scripted programming, HISTORY serves as the most trustworthy source of informational entertainment in media. HISTORY has been named the #1 U.S. TV network in buzz for seven consecutive years by YouGov BrandIndex, and a top favorite TV network by Beta Research Corporation. For a deeper dive, visit history.com or follow @history on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For additional press materials visit the A+E Networks Press Center at http://press.aenetworks.com.
Nutopia is a leading television production company based in LA, DC and London, creating innovative, award-winning, premium content on a global scale. Founded in 2008 by Jane Root, former President of Discovery Channel US, Controller of BBC2 and co-founder of Wall to Wall TV, Nutopia created the ‘mega doc’ model, blending huge scale history series and high-profile talent from the worlds of documentary and drama. Nutopia has become synonymous with creating high quality content that stands out from the crowd, working with some of the most prominent global broadcasters including Netflix, CNN, National Geographic, the BBC, PBS and A+E Networks. Most recently, Nutopia created National Geographic’s One Strange Rock which received three Wildscreen Festival Panda awards, was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Documentary awards and was shortlisted for the Grierson Best Science Documentary award. Other recent projects include Civilizations (BBC/PBS) and The Great American Read (PBS). Some critical successes for the company include the Emmy Award-winning series How We Got To Now; two seasons of ratings smash Finding Jesus. Faith. Fact. Forgery; Emmy Award-winning series America the Story of Us and Mankind the Story of All of Us.
I was in Walmart a couple of days ago, and the picture above is the display for the movie I Can Only Imagine and yes, it’s sold out.
Here are the links to all of the interviews we have done for the movie.
What an honor it was to talk with WWE Hall of Famer, The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase earlier this week. While you might think the interview was all about wrestling, the point of talking with Ted was for him to share about his Christian faith, the movie The Price of Fame, and his personal ministry Heart of David Ministry.
We talked about a low point in his life, how he was shown forgiveness and restoration, and about the past 18 years where he has been a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Click this link to listen to our interview with a fine Christian man, Ted DiBiase.
On the movie website, they say: We are excited to now be EVERYWHERE! You can get the DVD or download the film from our retail partners:
Thank you to our distributor Ocean Avenue Entertainment. Learn more about them at oceanave.tv
Check that out! Three faith-based movies all in the top 12 last weekend. Think maybe the movie industry will realize that this is a major market? When you look at the gross ticket sales for the three combined – it’s $16.4 million.
If you’ve not seen any of the three, there is still time, and if you’ve already seen one (or more) it’s ok to go again. We certainly need to support our faith-based movies!
Here are the official websites for each movie: